Monday 24 December 2018

So this is Christmas.....

 .....and (as John Lennon asked) what have you done?

For me its a short list topped by escaping the bullet marked Prostate Cancer.  If I can do nothing else for my male readers of a 'certain age' this year I would say you should learn what the symptoms are and if necessary have the blood test.  Its quick, easy and relatively painless.  BUT..it can save your life.

The other main things I have done are joining in Trebian's Monday night game club (which meets on a Tuesday).  Thanks for the invite, its very much appreciated.  Trebian writes the excellent blog Wargaming for Grown Ups which is linked to from this page, and is well worth a read.

I almost finished my 2mm ECW rules, almost finished for about the 10th year in a row but this time I really have sorted out all the loose ends and just need to type up the last few bits.  I painted more than I bought (almost).  I played some excellent games both solo and with friends.

The house is almost finished too, just need to finish converting the attached sheds and downstairs loo into a wet room and boarding out the loft space for storage.

Next year the plan is top paint the rest of the Sassanid Persians, finish the Dark Age Britain project and the WW1 dogfight project (rules and models).  Then get the Great Civil War in Lancashire campaign into gear.  Plus whatever else takes my attention (WoTR in 6mm anyone?).

So all that remains to be said is thank you for popping by and reading my stuff, and that I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment