Saturday 13 June 2020

On The Painting Table


You might have thought that with the lockdown forcing us all to stay at home that I would have done a lot of figure painting, but in reality what has happened is that I have slowed down. I suspect that this is because I'm still working, albeit from home and I'm relatively busy with work.  I was already working that way for a part of each week so I have a desk in the box bedroom which I laughingly call my office This is the same room where I have my painting desk setup and after a day sat there working the idea of spinning the chair around 90 degrees to the painting table isn't as attractive as it was before lockdown.

Still despite all of that I have managed to  move on with some projects.  The Picts and Scots-Irish have full DBA armies now covering the early medieval parts of those lists.  There are reinforcements from Irregular Miniatures in the post for the Picts.  These will let me cover the earlier period of their list to provide an opponent for my Late Imperial Romans, by adding Attacotti and chariots to the mix along with more spears and cavalry.  I have also painted up some more of the 1/2400th Ironclads from Tumbling Dice.

The painting table itself currently has more Sassanids which when painted and based will complete the basic 200pt ADLG army.  There are more Late Roman horse and foot plus some Huns and Goths.  Lastly a few command figures for various of my Dark Age armies so I can morph them to ADLG from DBx.  Oh and some Sassanid armoured spearmen who are going to be the test for proxying as Maurikian Byzantine Skoutatoi.

More Horses to paint, that will keep me busy for a while.
So as the lockdown eases, as they used to say in Hill Street Blues, Lets all be careful out there.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment