Thursday 11 May 2023

The Painting Table - April 2023

Stand by for a shock, there is some space on the painting table! This is because s a few 28mm gunfight figures have been completed. I’m hoping that my grasshopper mind will not find a new project to fill it! In turn that means that the WW2 rebasing project will be on the back burner for a while, otherwise that space is definitely going to disappear.

As if by magic a space has appeared.  I'm betting it won't last!

Well this lot would quickly fill that space upstairs!

As well as those 28mm figures I also finished a couple more small buildings for De Lancy.  The town is starting to take shape now and so I have started to think about the town layout.

Three more border ruffians, two Dixon's and one possibly Minifigs

May is already looking like being a productive month.  I have bought a couple of metres of a mottled light brown felt fabric that will be a great start for use with De Lancy.  I think with some darker areas sponged on and the occasional grass green point it will make a nice arid high plain mat.  I’m also working on more buildings with the aim of being ready for a game late in the month.  I'm still running two work spaces as there is still a temporary building construction site downstairs on the kitchen table as De Lancy grows.  I'm holding off on major purchases of MDF building kits as our tow car recently bit the dust and we are saving to buy a replacement and as a result I don't feel I can drop a £50 or so for each of the Sarissa Precision kits I fancy. 

Basis for an arid terrain cloth.  The image appears darker than reality

 Other than that there isn't much to report.


No comments:

Post a Comment