Tuesday 30 October 2018

Catch up time

What has Elenderil been doing since 2016 I hear you cry?  Well when I say cry its probably more of a resigned whimper.

I have been toying with a new set of ancient rules - Arte del le Guerre which I haven't managed to get a game of so far but the rules have a bit more granularity than DBA3.0 so they look like they should give a good game.  Certainly the reviews from Madaxemen's site are very entertaining and make the game look interesting.  I also did some more work on my 2mm English Civil War rules, although I suppose I should really get used to calling them the British Civil Wars, or the Wars of the Three Kingdoms!  what do you think BCW or TWOTTKs?  I'm thinking BCW will be less wear and tear on the keyboard.

I have been doing a bit of painting and modelling mostly 6mm figures and terrain.  I now have a start on an Early Sassanid Persian army to match up against my Late Imperial Romans.  My Dark Age British forces have expanded so I have the nucleus of Welsh, Strathclyde, Dal Ratian and Pictish Armies and a decent size force for Saxons and Vikings.  I also rebased my Dacians to put more figures on each base. That said of late my painting output has dropped off a bit as work on the house has limited the space available to have my painting table setup.



Rebased Dacians

A start on Sassanid Persia's finest



I managed to get to a couple of war gaming shows including the Joy of Six at Sheffield and actually got some games in.  I'm currently inspired to try a solo BCW campaign after reading the 1642 and all that blog.  I'm thinking about campaign rules already.

No comments:

Post a Comment