Monday 4 November 2019

More little things

Just a short post today.  On Friday Mrs E spotted a desk in the local Red Cross charity shop.  Its an office computer desk which although basic is like new.  Saturday was spent moving some of the existing bookcases around in my home office to  make space for it.  It assembled without any issues and gives me probably double the desk area I had before, all for £20!  Well done Mrs E.


I know desks are not all that exciting ...but
As a bonus at the same time as spotting the desk she also bought two pristine Ikea Billy bookcases at a bargain price.  Ikea price is £55 plus I would either have to rent a van to collect them or pay £35 delivery.  These are £35 each and £10 delivery!  In effect I am getting an extra bookcase for less than purchase and delivery of one from IKEA, oh and they are already assembled too. Those are being delivered next week.  That is a bit of a result as I had two of the same bookcases and one collapsed recently when we tried to store LPs on it.  These are even the same colour as the one I have left.  So that will give me a 33% increase to my book space.  As a bonus our local Red Cross charity shop makes a wedge of cash for use in exceptionally good causes.

At the moment the office is totally topsy-turvy but once the new book cases arrive I will be able to move the existing bookcases around so everything fits into the room and get things back onto shelves where they belong.  For now I have space to work and paint soldiers so all is well with the world.

As you can probably tell little things do please me, especially when there is a significant saving in cost to be had.

2 comments:

  1. ‘When you enjoy the little things in life you can enjoy life more often.’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little but essential things,Billy bookcases are great bits of kit! Good to get your work area,it's then that bit easier to be productive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete