Monday 21 June 2021

Real Life - The beat goes on

 The heartbeat that is.  I am almost four weeks the other side of the coronary bypass surgery and the recovery is going well.  I'm up to two 15-20 minute walks a day and my pace is picking up to what I consider my normal walking pace.  I have been given the OK to take a partial shower which means I can get everything wet except the chest scar.  Up until now I have been having to make do with a rub down with a damp copy of the Radio Times!

The wound on my leg where they harvested a vein is healing well and the hope is that the application of warm water will soften the scabs and let them come off naturally.  The chest wound is progressing well but one section needed to be redressed as the dissolvable stiches didn't!  Overall I'm very pleased with the way things are healing, it seems that my body is smarter than I am about these things.  A couple more weeks and I should be able to set a game up.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear it’s going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving forward well by the sound of thing,excellent news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your on the mend , setting the right pace is the thing I imagine .

    ReplyDelete