Tuesday 31 January 2023

The Painting Table - January 2023

Although two 2mm artillery batteries were completed this month (as I needed them for 1st Manassas) most of what I have completed was the terrain making for that battlefield.  I did complete two more 28mm Wild West buildings too, but mostly it was terrain.

My lead pile grew, or at least the 2mm part of it did thanks to David Blair's gift.  I haven't done a full count yet but there are at least 500 castings ranging from terrain to skirmish order infantry castings.  I sorted and put to one side those I will need to complete the 2mm ACW project and that will be the next thing I work upon.  I also need to give the painting station and office a really good tidying!  That could take some time and involve sorting through some boxes I probably haven't looked through since we moved in here five or six years ago!  If blog posts dry up you may need to send search parties as some of those boxes could hold portals to Narnia.

The painting table currently holds some 28mm Wild West figures in various stages of completion, some Brigade Models 3mm buildings and a variety of 6mm Baccus stuff.  That latter 6mm goodness includes some Pictish cavalry, some Sassanid infantry proxying as Byzantine scutarii and a selection of dark age command figures.  Lurking at the very back are a few Brigade Model 3mm buildings.  By my standards of late that is a fairly clear table.

I'm also stunned to find that I have already hit one of this year's targets, I played a face to face game of Altar of Freedom and I'm closing in on two more.  Those being the wild west town where I have five completed buildings and the minimum to hit target was six, and the 2mm ACW army.  All those figures and bases are prepped and ready for paint!  It's almost like I'm efficient...almost!

No picture of the table this month as TBH it's pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment