Saturday 14 January 2023

The 2mm ACW project.

Has hit a snag!  Things were progressing nicely towards finishing this project.  Thanks to the '2mm and small scale wargaming' Facebook page I had an offer of all of the castings I needed from a fellow 2mm fan, the very generous David Blair.  Then I interacted with EVRI, or rather I didn't.  At the time of writing EVRI has managed to loose the parcel David sent.  It is somewhere between Sheffield and here the tracking app shows it reaching the delivery hub at Sheffield and being manifested for delivery and then the next tracking entry shows that the courier didn't receive the parcel!  You really couldn't make it it up, if EVRI tried to be useless they probably couldn't achieve the levels of uselessness they currently seem to be achieving.  It isn't an isolated case either the community Facebook page for Barton upon Humber is currently full of complaints about EVRI and they don't seem to be able to keep couriers in the job.  I suppose I will have to chalk it up to experience.

There should be a parcel but it is conspicuous by it's absence

In the meantime I ordered more bases from Warbases as when I checked I realised that I was short of a few of the 60 x 30mm ones needed for Altar of Freedom. Seeing that I was on that site I also ordered a couple of 28mm western buildings as well, it would have been rude not too and it spreads the postage cost out as well. As always with Warbases those came via the normal post with no problems at all, ordered on a Friday delivered the following Wednesday.

As for Altar of Freedom I have invited Paul Dawson across for a game, probably playing the 1st Manassas scenario, so I'm currently trying out different methods of making woodland.  American Civil War battles seem to need a lot of woods, forests and orchards and I'm also going to need about eight linear feet of river as well.

  

Bath mat forest (not really to my liking and over exposed)

So it looks like terrain building is the order of the day for the next week or so.  The bobbly bath mat technique for making woods looked promising but the mat I bought has the bobbles (i.e. the trees) in a grid which would be great for the Peach Orchard but doesn't really look right for wild woods.  So it's back to the drawing board again or alternatively I'm going to be making a lot of canopy woods.  In the worst case I can always mark them out on the cloth with chalk.

More rivers and woods are under construction

No comments:

Post a Comment