Sunday 5 March 2023

2mm ACW project - The Confederacy is done

Well painting their troops is anyway.  I now have all the bases completed which are required to field the Confederate side in any scenario for Altar of Freedom.  That is to say I have the maximum number of bases for each type, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Generals and HQs which I could need in any of the listed scenarios.  I made one change to the standard rules when building the army, I have mounted my artillery on 60 x 30mm bases rather than 30 x 30mm ones.   However, this messes up their firing arcs, so I had to calculate the firing arc based upon the assumption that the base was actually 60 x 60mm (the optional alternative base size) and using the standard firing arc under the rules of one rear corner to the opposite front corner.  Not particularly difficult but it makes a difference.



So having sorted that out, McClellan like I had to stage a grand review of the troops!  

All the Confederates you're ever likely to need

In the above picture we have (from furthest to nearest) eight HQ bases, eight Generals, thirty-nine Infantry brigades, seven Cavalry brigades and lastly the fourteen Artillery bases.

I have the balance of the Federal forces, amounting to a final 14 artillery bases, on the painting table at the moment.  Those should be completed in the next day or two at the present rate of progress.  So watch this space for the equivalent grand review of the Northerners.

No comments:

Post a Comment