Wednesday 1 March 2023

The Painting Table - February 2023

I managed to move up a gear this month with progress on the 2mm ACW backlog and three MDF kit builds completed.  I also undercoated and mounted the 28mm gunfight figures I bought at Vapnartak ready for painting.  Even so there is still an embarrassing amount of lead on the table but at least projects are moving along.

You have already seen the completed kits for the saloon, forge and cart in earlier posts so no pictures of those in this blog.  I have based all of the remaining 2mm ACW units and completed a Federal Cavalry brigade and three HQ bases, which finishes off those parts of the army.  Two artillery bases were added to the Rebel forces.  

February's figure output, not great but it's something

The remaining Confederate artillery is part painted and just needs some detailing.  The Federal Artillery arm is lacking 14 bases which I have made a start on. I have glued the castings to the bases, added the sand texture and put a base coat of green on them.

This is the last of the 2mm ACW artillery it should be done in a couple of days

There has been no further progress on the 28mm Old West figures or the 6mm ancients.  The current oldest inhabitants of the painting desk are some Baccus Sassanids who are going to proxy as Justinian Byzantine Infantry.  They have replaced the Huns as my main point of shame!  In fact things have gotten to the point where I have a painting table upstairs in my office and a tray downstairs (where the light is better in the evenings this time of year) as it reduces the clutter in the office.  The objective for March is to complete the 2mm ACW project and start back on to the Old West figures, so no more buildings for a bit.

The table is a bit bare by my standards - mainly because a lot of stuff is downstairs

Not strictly painting table related but stage one of the office tidy up was carried out on Monday.  I cleared some storage space by moving some Vinyl LPs (ask Grandad he will explain what those are) into the loft and my Bike leathers and boots are in the back bedroom while I debate what to do with them as they don't fit any more!  I have decided that the 15mm Napoleonic troops should really look for a new home as it isn't a period I will ever contemplate doing in that scale, so I have to decide how to them on. The next step in the tidying up project will be to sort the bookshelves out.  We (that's Mrs E and myself not the 'Royal We') have been here for five years now and still don't have my Science Fiction novels in alphabetical order by author!  Not that I'm anal or anything.  So still lots to do

No comments:

Post a Comment