A dearth of posts followed by a glut of posts. Yes my blogging does remind me of buses! It’s a lot like my painting progress too. I haven’t painted much of anything for a couple of months and in the last week I’ve painted 80 of the MDF infantry and nine H&R tanks.
It’s those tanks which are the subject of this post. If you have read my post covering this years Joy of Six show you will know that I bought two KV-1’s and seven T-70’s for use in the Fistful of T34s campaign from Little Wars TV. If and when I get around to that.
| A pair of KV-1 the camera accentuates the dry brushing effect |
The H&R castings are not quite as detailed as the GHQ ones but they are nice and paint up well. The lack of detail is partly because the H&R castings are a slightly smaller scale than the GHQ ones. The great thing about H&R, though, is that they are sold individually rather than in packs. Which means that I can buy exactly what I need.
| A KV-1 flanked by a pair of T-70s as a size comparison |
Compared to some of the other things I have been painting recently World War Two Soviet armour is a nice relaxing break! Undercoat in white, give a single colour top coat of Vallejo Russian Uniform (a nice drab green with a tiny hint of brown to it) and dry brush with Vallejo Bone White, then pick out the tracks and exhausts and that's it done. Easy peasy as they say. They are crying out for some tiny red star decals but I don't have any to hand at the moment but that's a job I can pick up later.
I have tried out a black background for these shots and used the diffuser light box I made a couple of years ago. The different background helps define the models and to my eye makes colours pop more.
| The French units pop more against black. Oh. and yes I spotted one flag is upside down! |
No comments:
Post a Comment