Wednesday 27 February 2019

Enough doom, gloom and despondency!

Its time for normal(ish) service to be resumed.

I have spent the last few days setting up my paints in the conservatory ready for a resumption of figure painting activity.  thinking about it this has not been good timing as the warm sunny weather is about to finish and its the Hammerhead show at Newark this coming weekend so I'm unlikely to get any painting done this weekend.

I usually make most of my purchases at Vaparnatak the show at York Racecourse, but this year I was away and missed that show.  I went to Hammerhead for the first time last year and was very taken by the mix of participation games and traders. The only bugbear is that Irregular Miniatures don't seem to attend and most of my immediate purchase requirements are from their 6mm range.  Magister Militum will be there and I have a hankering for some of the 3mm figures they do to try them out for Blucher as well as some of the Blucher bases they make.  At some point I am going to need some more 6mm WW1 aircraft from Heroics but thay are going to be at the Joy of Six show later in the year so I will scratch that itch then.


No comments:

Post a Comment