Thursday 24 October 2019

The Battle Of Billington Moor (part the second)

Having decided that this would be a something to put on for the Monday Night Gamers I came up with both a map and forces for use in the game (see my last post).  Although Phil has said he has most of the troops and Graham can provide some proxies I thought I would check if my 6mm collection can cover the force requirements.

Looking at the army lists the game needs to have available:

13 x 4Bd
42 x Sp
11 x 7Hd
9 x Ps
Anglo Saxons on video and The Strathclyde Welsh - I will be using their Spearmen and Psiloi

(Edit - I haven't tried embedding a video before it seems to be working OK.  What do you think worth doing or do you prefer stills?)

Looking at my figures I have (with some proxies being used)

3 x 4Bd (Anglo-Saxon on ADLG HI bases)
12 x Sp (Anglo-Saxon on ADLG HI bases)
2 x Ps

18 x Sp (Strathclyde Welsh on ADLG MI bases)
2 x Ps

6 x 4Bd (Viking on ADLG HI bases)
10 x 3Bd (Viking on ADLG MI bases)
4 Ps

so allowing Viking 3bd to proxy as Sp that gives me total available elements of

9 x 4Bd
40 Sp
8 Ps

Almost but not quite sufficient, time to get the Dacians out!

They can provide the additional Sp elements or I could finish up the Sp on my painting table which would give me another 6 Sp on HI bases.  So no Dacians needed as Sp but I can use their Ps to fill out that roster.  I'm going to need some more 4 Bd as well one pack of Bacus' Armoured Vikings will cover that.

The observant amongst you will have spotted that I haven't mentioned the 11 elements of 7Hd required.  That's because I only have Hd as Sassanid  Persians and even I draw the line at using them as proxies for Anglo-Saxons. Clearly I need to get buying and painting (what a bind!...not).  Baccus Gothic Infantry should do very nicely for the less well equipped Fyrd three packs would cover it.  Its a good job there is a wargames show this weekend at Leeds, its almost as if I had planned it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Elenderil...get yer Dacians out for the lads... Lol.

    Video worked okay but personally I prefer stills.

    All the best JBM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not my Dacians you need to worry about, its the Bastarnae, although the ointment does help

      Delete