Wednesday 25 November 2020

Its been a funny old year


 I think it's due to the self-isolating but my painting mojo had deserted me for the best part of three months.  I simply couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to put paint to figures.  Even the frequency of my blog posts slowed down. Happily I can report a slight return to form and I have managed to finish painting  over seventy 6mm figures so far this month, mostly Late Imperial Romans and Maurikian Byzantine proxies.  

The bad news is that while I'm not out of figures to paint, I am running low on the stuff I need for the projects I'm working on, and I missed the Baccus ordering window to top off stocks!  I will have to peruse the Irregular Miniatures catalogue instead.  I'm also running low on some DBA/ADLG bases but I have an order on its way to cover that so that shouldn't be a problem and I have included 60 x 30mm ones for Alter of Freedom units as well.


Lots still to paint, mostly mounted troops.

As you can see there is still plenty to go at on the painting table at the moment and I might just end the year without increasing the size of the lead pile!  Currently the lead pile is ahead by something like 230 6mm figures for the year.


1 comment: