Thursday 24 February 2022

Interlude

I'm trying to come to terms that Russia's leader appears to be casually suggesting that WMDs would be used if NATO gets in his way while he de-Nazifies the Ukraine.  Surely the Soviets had plenty of time to do that between 1944 and the fall of the USSR?

Does my pushing toy soldiers around on a table top make me a warmongering neo-facist running dog lackey of outmoded imperialism, I worry that perhaps it does.  Or is that the preserve of the bloke who lied through his teeth about his intentions towards the Ukraine.  How do I feel about risking a short sharp exchange of 'buckets of sunshine' to preserve an independent nation state.  I really don't know.  I grew up in the shadow of the Atom Bomb, I had hoped that was all behind us and my grandchildren could avoid that particular nightmare.  I can see what Putin hopes to gain I simply cannot fathom the depths he is prepared to risk sinking to in pursuit of his ambitions.

As I say this is an interlude normal service will be resumed shortly.


1 comment:

  1. I'm onboard with everything that you have said. I simply cannot see how any benefit from this, outways the cost.

    ReplyDelete