Monday 31 October 2022

The Painting Table - October 2022

I have managed to clear some space on the table this month! The 3mm 1980’s Soviet support vehicles are finally based and textured so that’s got them out of the way. I also finished a 28mm Foundry old west figure. This is a civilian who can flesh out town scenarios. He is checking a fob watch so could be waiting for a stagecoach or could be the town doctor wondering why his next patient is late. I also finished one base of ten 6mm cavalry. These are Irregular Miniatures’ Celts but I’m going to add them to my Dacian forces.

O8 3mm Soviet  SA-9 Gaskin armed BRDM 2

More 3mm - Soviet AT3-B Sagger armed BRDM 2

Dacian Light Cavalry

28mm Foundry civilian

On the Modelling end of the table, well actually a different table in a different room but you get my drift, I have completed the Sheriff’s office scratch build by adding the fencing. That build has been a longer job than anticipated and it’s MDF kits for me from here on in.
Rear of the block house scratch build

Next up for finishing are those long-suffering Hun horse archers that have been clamouring for some attention for the last few months.

2 comments:

  1. Right old mix of stuff coming off your table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Jon I can be a bit grasshopper brained if I'm being honest. I started out in the hobby with Airfix soldiers and Charles Grant's Battle playing (very badly) late war WW2. After that my main interests became ancients using WRG rules. Then Michael Woods did a show on the BBC called in search of the Dark Ages which moved me forwards in time a couple or three centuries. At university we also dabbled in Western gunfight games and WW1 dogfights. Then re-enacting came along and sparked an interest in the ACW and later the ECW. On top of which 'my war' if it had happened would have been with BAOR in the mid 1980's so I have an interest in that period too.

      Mostly I still stick to a limited set of periods based upon those interests let's say:

      - Dawn of time to 1485
      - 1618 - 1651
      - 1861- 1895(ish)
      - 1915 - 1918
      - 1939 - 1945
      - Coldwar 1980's

      It's a good thing I can stayed focussed upon such a narrow historical period!

      Delete