Monday 12 December 2022

The Painting Table - November 2022

The suspicion will have been growing amongst you that the late delivery of the November update must mean that little or no painting progress has been made since the last update.  Even worse is the fact that this month’s photo shows a painting table without any spare space upon it.

The table of shame.  Now with added 2mm figures

Sadly your suspicions are correct. The Huns have not left the table! Neither have any Wild West shootists. I have, however, been buying so there is a real danger that 2022 may end with an increase in the size of the lead pile for the first time in years. I don’t know if I should be ashamed or proud! I’m going to go with proud on this occasion though. That’s because I have moved closer towards completing the 2mm ACW project. Just before the end of November I ordered the figures and tents needed to complete the Federal, and Confederate cavalry, commanders and HQ bases. Or so I thought. I miscalculated the tents needed to make up the required number of HQ’s. As Generals tend to object to sleeping in ditches I suppose I will order more when I order the artillery.

The good news is that the Huns did get some brush time and only need flesh and bows doing now to be done.  I also finished the painting of a couple of shootists bar the varnish and shader.  I also cleaned up the bases of the 2mm order and got them primed.  Lastly the Livery Stable had the straw added to the floors of the horse stalls and straw bales made as scatter terrain.  So not a total loss then.

Yes it's a scale model of a pile of straw!

The plan is to get the 2mm figures done in December just to have the ability to say that the lead pile has shrunk.  At least a couple of shootists are going to be finished too.  Last but not least I’m going to finish the Huns.  Really, I am…definitely gonna finish them…this time, for certain, probably.

1 comment:

  1. And a jolly good scale model of a pile of straw too. Don’t worry about the lead pile - we’ve all got one. Didn’t realise how big my pile of shame actually was until I packed it up to move. I’m pretty sure it’s only going to get bigger in the future as well. We never learn.

    ReplyDelete