Sunday 7 February 2021

A sheepish painting admission



 Yes I'm painting some sheep and not in 6mm either.  Lurking in the furthest reaches of my lead pile were some 25mm sheep from Irregular Miniatures.  These must have been gathering dust for the best part of thirty years as I got them when I visited the workshop when they were based in Norton.  In fact I was discussing Dark Ages figures and Ian gave me some sheep as a freebie with the comment that it would give the armies something to fight over!

I suppose I should flock these?

They are actually rather nice models similar to the Herdwick and Cheviot breeds seen on the Pennine uplands.  I have a solo gaming scenario in mind that they will feature in.  To that end I have rooted around and found a handful of Dark Age figures in  (gulp) 25-28mm.  There I said it, I'm straying from the smaller scales for once.  I'm thinking of a scenario where a couple of Norse farmers go hunting and have to cross the table top encountering various animals or humans.  The objective is to bag a few rabbits or Ptarmigan etc for the pot and get back unscathed.

The sheep are mounted on UK1p coins and just need basing materials adding to be fully completed.  I will be using flock, thank you for asking.


  

1 comment:

  1. You blooming’ heretic, using 28mm indeed! For shame sir! Actually they look very nice, and the scenario sounds good. Puts me in mind of Paleo diet, if you’ve ever seen that?

    ReplyDelete