Monday 18 July 2022

It's too hot, too hot I tell you!

Here at Chez Elenderil the inside temperature reached a sultry 30 degrees this evening.  It was indicating nearly 40 degrees on the outside thermometer and this is on the banks of the Humber mark you.  It looks like it will be even hotter tomorrow.  It was too hot to do much of anything painting or modelling wise so I wasted the day computer gaming instead.  Even Barney dog who loves the sun is prostrate at the moment.  On the other hand our guests like it as it's just like home.  They still think it's too hot but it's hot like at home hot, if you see what I mean.  Home sickness takes some strange forms I suppose.

Counting figures has been postponed until I can be sure nothing will melt (me included!).  TBH everything has been postponed except if absolutely vital.  I will be back in wargaming mode once the temperature drops to something civilised!  

4 comments:

  1. If your guests are still with you in January, they will equally feel at home - that chill off the North Sea feels like it comes straight from the Urals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hot today (over 30C/100F in the shade) that I'm considering a trip to Tesco's frozen food aisle. It's getting good reviews on Trip Advisor I hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot here in the Pacific Northwest USA too. Last weekend’s road-trip took me into the land of 105F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much cooler today so much in fact that Natasha and Foder our Ukranian guests are saying it's cold!

    ReplyDelete