Monday 13 September 2021

Altar of Freedom - new unit labels designed

Just a quick update on one of the things I wanted to change about AoF, to whit the unit labels.  The labels as designed by the author are intended to sit upright from the rear of the unit base.  That works OK for 6mm figures but kind of dwarfs the 2mm blocks I'm using. but leaving them flat to the playing surface meant that the text was hard to read as it was the wrong way around!  I spent a couple of hours over the weekend redesigning the sheet provided in the down load section of the AoF site (Yes, I do know that I probably need to get out more, thank you for asking) so that the labels can be left flat but read the correct way round from behind the unit.  I also added two small boxes one to indicate the Division the Brigade belongs to and a second to designate the parent Corps   Not rocket science just making life a little easier for solo play.  You will be able to see them in use in the next game report I post.

After playing the first game I have decided that the bidding spreadsheet does need a couple of tweaks but that is a task for another day as it is a little more complicated.  Not impossible just complicated.  The actual formulas all work I just need to add a couple of lines and set a rule for allocating reserved points between end of turn actions and control of the time clock bids.  I fear it may be something I have to tinker with to suit each different scenario I play!

No comments:

Post a Comment