Thursday 30 September 2021

Sorry about the blogging slow down

You may have noticed a reduction in the frequency of blog posts recently.  This has been because I have found that rather than having more time after I retired, I seem to have less, quite a lot less.  Uncompleted hobby projects are stacking up and I will definitely fail to meet some of this years hobby targets partly due to loosing a couple of months either side of my heart surgery and partly because the back log of "things I will eventually get around to after I retire" (TM pending) is being addressed.  On top of which having more time has allowed me to contemplate restarting hobbies which took a back seat before retirement, which of course restricts the time available to those hobbies which were prioritised while I was still working.

I have picked up some of my musical hobbies; playing Bodhran, Mandolin and Guitar (note I said playing, not playing well) and photography.  We have even started to attend some of the acoustic music sessions in the local pubs which is a torture when I'm not allowed alcoholic beverages!  Plus we have finally gotten around to taming the contents of the garage (or in some cases simply locating them).  Trips to the local recycling centre seem to be a regular occurrence as we pare down the garage contents. Other stuff is going on Facebook market place or to the family, I mean really how many pressure washers does a man need?  On the plus side I can actually see the garage floor again, on the down side it needs painting.

Even the dogs seem to recognise that I'm not sat working from 9.00 to 5.30 and expect more and longer walks!

Hopefully things will pick up again once the back log is cleared.


3 comments:

  1. Big myth about retirement , I've been busy ever since I finished - which is good !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologise, blog for yourself and not for us lot. It is better to be busy in retirement having all these hobbies is great. As for guitar I am playing blues slide guitar and I love it.
    Funny enough we have been clearing out our garage/shed this week but we will be demolishing ours before it falls down in some winter storm.
    Heart surgery takes time to get over too, so take care and enjoy your retirement.
    Regards,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that those of us who’ve retired, in my case at only 50, have all experienced the same thing. It will calm down a little bit eventually. As Paul correctly pointed out, you should be blogging for your own sake and when you feel like it. The blog will still be there whenever you get around to jotting something down… and for that matter so will we.

    Don’t sweat the small stuff. You are still on the mend from that surgery!

    Strangely enough I’ve been clearing my loft out this week - maybe it’s an Autumn thing. All my ECW clobber has now gone on EBay. End of a chapter, but sometimes you’ve got to know when to let go of things I suppose.

    ReplyDelete