Tuesday 7 June 2022

2mm ACW - Pictures or it didn’t happen

There was one important photo missed from the last post,  an actual picture of the Army of Northern Virginia as it currently stands.  So here it is.

Bobby Lee's finest

The Confederate army currently consists of 39 brigades of infantry, two generals, one HQ and one battery of artillery.  That leaves me 13 batteries of artillery, seven cavalry brigades, two generals and three HQs to make.

The Army of the Potomac is also coming along nicely. I have 31 infantry brigades finished with a further eight in progress,  one cavalry brigade , one artillery battery, one general and three HQ's are also finished.  Billy Yank's infantry take slightly longer to make than Johnny Reb's as they have two flags per regiment rather than one and the flags are the slowest part of the process.  I have the models for two more batteries of artillery but these are 'unassigned' at the moment.  I think I'm gonna need a bigger storage solution!



2 comments:

  1. You certainly get a lot for your money at that scale! Do you favori any particular side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to re-enact with a Confederate unit way back when, but I have no sympathy for their world views. I would have been in 'dirty shirt blue' with the Federals in the real thing I suspect. The ability of the ANV to operate for so long with so little does fascinate me though.

    ReplyDelete