Friday 6 May 2022

Rebasing...I hate rebasing!

The Altar of Freedom rebasing is progressing on some sort of schedule.  I'm taking it as a positive as it means that I like the rules enough to upgrade from the cardboard test bases.  The laser cut MDF is so much better than my ham fisted attempts to cut marine ply into 100% accurate bases on a consistent basis (Bases ....basis there must be a tongue twister in there somewhere).  It has quickly become my new go to solution since i started basing my 6mm DBA/ADLG forces that way.  I don't have that many units to do for AoF as I only made up the OOBs for 1st Manassas/Bull Run to start with.  In the next few days I will be expanding that to create the bases needed to be able to play Gettysburg as that is the scenario which needs the most troops in the Eastern Theatre.  If I can cover that battle I'm good for anything in the two scenario books.  Time to start cutting more match sticks.

Dragging the WW2 models out has also shown up the lack lustre basing (cardboard again) I used the first time of asking.  These will need bring up to my new standard in due course although I can live with them as they are for the time being.

In other news when I finished typing this post I went to the post setting screen to add the labels only to find Blogger has forgotten what they were in previous posts.  Which is an embuggerance!

Edit - after much cursing I have managed to get Blogger to relist past labels.  I have no idea what is going on (so no change there then).

2 comments:

  1. Yup - along with blogger, rebasing is a major embuggerrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger seems always to want to 'improve' it'self !?

    ReplyDelete